[ltp] Installing Linux SUSE 8 on 600e

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:39:42 -0600

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 11:49, James Knott wrote:
> Rob Smith wrote:

> >>Hopefully, that situation will change, when Novell buys SuSE.
> >

> > When Novell buys SuSE? According to what I've seen, it's a done deal at
> > $210 million.
>
> I was under the impression, that the deal hasn't been closed yet.

LinuxFormat (UK) magazine reports in it's Christmas, 2003 edition, on
page 6, in the 'Newsdesk' section, "SuSE, Europe's biggest Linux vendor,
has been acquired by Novell, Inc."

Also, on the editorial page, Nick Veitch writes, "By the time you read
this, I'm sure there will have been plenty more statements about
Novell's purchase of SuSE."

Maybe they got it wrong and jumped the gun.

Rob Smith
Linux on a ThinkPad
Composed in Ximian Evolution
Free your software and your...