[ltp] Full-screen DVD MPlayer on 600X

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:55:46 -0500

On Thursday 01 January 2004 16:55, after a long battle with technology,
Antiphon wrote:
> I prefer Xine as well but can't get it to play back DVDs at all.

You need to have libdvdcss installed; otherwise Xine won't be able to
decrypt most commercial DVDs that have been encrypted with CSS.  You
also want the dvdnav plugin for Xine, that'll get you DVD menu support
and such.  mplayer doesn't really have DVD menu support, so it's not
really useful if the DVD has multiple titles.

> FWIW, here's the output of xvinfo (I'm running Debian sid with
> XFree86 4.3 from experimental):
[snip]

Yep, that looks OK.  Did you start Xine with "xine -V xv", or select the
xv video output plugin from Xine's menus?  Do that.  Start an xterm or
konsole and run xine from that; it'll print a bunch of diagnostic info
to stdout and if there are problems with xv or decrypting DVDs or
whatever, it'll let you know.  HTH,

--
   A project for developing fully automatically driven cars
   (not just those misnamed auto-pilots) has been improved by your