[ltp] APM suspend with 2.6 kernel [long]

Charles Lepple linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:46:49 -0500

On Saturday 03 January 2004 06:49 am, Thomas Hood wrote:
> Have you looked at all the suspend-related changes that were made in
> -rc1?  The changelog for 2.6.1-rc1 contains this interesting stanzas,
> for example:
[...]

I took a quick look, decided it was enough to warrant compiling 2.6.1-rc1, but
couldn't get it to suspend by itself. (I'm still using the /etc/apm/
{suspend,resume}.d scripts.)

Seems to me that the problems I'm seeing don't necessarily require the
"restore keyboard state" functionality; rather, I just need the kernel to
stop bothering the keyboard controller as it is going into suspend mode. The
author of the -rc1 changes seems to have solved a different problem, but the
power management framework integration should be helpful for this problem as
well.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@ghz.cc