[ltp] APM suspend with 2.6 kernel [long]

Charles Lepple linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:41:13 -0500

On Sunday 04 January 2004 10:09 am, Michael Hagemann wrote:
> Version		Suspend working?
>
> 2.5.16		yes
> 2.5.24		yes
> 2.5.26		yes
> 2.5.27		yes (gcc-3.3.3)
> 2.5.28		no  (gcc-3.3.3)
> 2.5.28		no  (gcc-2.95.4)
> 2.5.30		no
> 2.5.31		no
> 2.6.1-rc1	no

Sounds similar, but I saw breakage _after_ 2.5.31.

Are you sure that you have removed all unneccesary drivers, and that the i8042
driver is a module?

> A first look at the ChangeLog and the patch shows a slightly different IRQ
> handling in the i386/kernel and apm routines.  I will try to apply some of
> the patches in order to isolate the bad guy...

On LKML this fall, I talked with the kernel APM maintainer, and attempted to
figure out whether the APM segment register changes were making a difference
on my machine. They didn't seem to be the culprit, but you might have a
different situation.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.3/1606.html

--
Charles Lepple