[ltp] Linux, kernel 2.4.22-ac4/2.4.23 and IRDA

Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:00:23 +0100

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 06:27:36 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:

[...]

> however, when I insmod nsc-ircc, I still get the following in the
> syslog:
> Dec 12 06:23:13 localhost kernel: nsc-ircc, Found chip at base=0x02e
> Dec 12 06:23:13 localhost kernel: nsc-ircc, Wrong chip version ff

Have you tried 'setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none irq 0 port 0' to take
away the port's resources from the serial driver, in the case it is
loaded into the kernel? This is necessary with the FIR (nsc-ircc)
driver and with the irport driver.

> Do I need to run tpctl to enable the IR port in linux? or does the
> 'Enabled: no' mean something else with the findchip program?
>
> I don't really care about high-speed usage... I'm attempting to sync
> my mobile phone addressbook etc with Evolution over the IR port, so
> 115200 is fine. Does this mean I only need irtty? something else?

See the URL below.

> I haven't really been able to find a straight forward guide into
> doing this, so I'm patching pieces together from various sources (ie
> google searches) so I apologise if I have some basic concept wrong..

I think that
<http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/%7Estrauman/irda-tiny-howto.html> is a
very nice introduction into the various types of IrDA drivers.

Regards,
Tino