[ltp] TP600E hibernate partition

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:48:15 -0700

Andre:

Only for the A, T and X series.  The 600 series used a special file
located in a FAT Partition named PM_HIBER.BIN.  This file, at a minimum,
must be large enough to contain your system memory plus video ram plus 1
MB.   This file is created by the PS2.EXE program when you boot up the
system with a DOS boot disk (available from several sources on the
Internet.)  You MUST create either a FAT16 or FAT32 partition to place
this file in.

With the A, T and X series of Thinkpads you can either create a special
partition (type A0) or create the save2dsk.bin file (which is what I
use).  File size is as above and can be created using the PHDISK.EXE
program or TPHDISK program (available as source code ONLY on the
Internet, as far as I know.)  You run the program and it creates the
file for you.  Program use is very simple.

Good luck with your hibernation problem.

James McKenzie