[ltp] r40e - /etx/X11/XF86Config - debian @schoechlin

Marc Schoechlin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:50:37 +0100

hi !

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:50:14PM +0100, spacephreak wrote:

> hello mr schoechlin
> i hope you still know me:)
> you have installed debian on a r40e notebook.
> i want to install it too, but i have a problem with the config file for
> x-window
> can you send me your /etx/X11/XF86Config file? i was on your site, but
> it doesn't help me very much, because there is only a decsription for
> the videocard.
> but i have an problem with my mouse. you must know, it's m first debian
> installation:D

  No problem :-)

  Look at http://nox.lf.net/256bit.org/download/tp-R40e-configs/
  or http://nox.lf.net/256bit.org/download.html.

  The XF86Config-4 support simiultainious use of the trackpoint and the
  usb-mouse.

  Look for /etc/modules and /etc/mkinitrd/modules - to get general-mouse-support.

> best regards
> markus schw.

Please use your full name in you mail-address - otherwise some people interprete
this as "unfriendly".

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin
--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33