[ltp] anybody running a kernel 2.6 on a A31p thinkpad?

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:33:36 +0100

On Montag, 5. Januar 2004 13:16, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
> I am thinking about trying the 2.6 on my TP.
>
> anybody already successfully working with the 2.6 on the a31p?

I tried but this was not successfull.

The kernel is booting, ipsec doesn't work because of a mistake from SuSE
with wrong software/patches/bla.

Sound drivers are not loaded with the alsasound boot script, but i can do
a modprobe snd-intel8x0 and the driver is loaded correctly.

DRI doesn't work (i tried also the agpgart_intel or something similar) (i
think because of version mismatch with XFree86-DRI).

So i was not very happy with 2.6.0.

ff
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262