[ltp] Datapoint: IBM ultranav USB external keyboard works "out of the box"

Arne Schwabe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:29:00 +0100

Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Just in case anyone is interested, I decided that I like the IBM
> keyboard with integrated trackpoint so much that I bought one for my
> desktop. It's the ultranav USB keyboard with both trackpoint and
> touchpad:
> http://www5.pc.ibm.com/uk/products.nsf/$wwwpartnumlookup/_31P8953
>
> It "just works" - no configuration needed (Mandrake 9.2 or Knoppix).
> I'm not sure what I want to do with the synaptics-touchpad part of it
> (I've always hated those things), but I discovered* that it is easy to
> just unplug it internally :-)
>
> *I was willing to risk destroying an external keyboard (=A360) with a

Well in case the synaptics on the external keybord works in the same
way as the synaptics inside my notebook (t40p) you could have hacked
the mousedriver to disable the touchpad and just enable the
trackpoint. But I bet the usb variant of the synaptics is differnt %)

Arne