[ltp] APM suspend with 2.6 kernel [IT WORKS!!!]

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 06:51:31 +0100

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 21:04, Michael Hagemann wrote:
> Judging from various posts on this list, it seems that the following
> patches work on the following models:
>
>  i8042 poll function patch:
>     TP 770
>     TP 600X
>
>  "do we need this" patch: [i.e., the outb patch]
>     TP 600E
>
> What about the plain TP 600?  Please test these patches and report your
> success stories.

I have tested the outb patch and it alone does not allow a 600X
to enter APM-suspend.

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 21:40, Michael Hagemann wrote:
> The write to the port basically turns off the floppy drive.  The only
> case were this command is meaningful seems to be when the kernel is
> booted from a floppy disk and doesn't have the floppy driver built in.

So will loading the floppy driver also allow you to suspend
(without adding the outb)?

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood2@yahoo.co.uk>