[ltp] new smart link modem driver

Simon Wong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:47:52 +1000

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 13:21, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> for those with a Smart Link soft modem: There is a new driver that is
> acually working:
> ftp://ftp.smlink.com/linux/unsupported/slmodem-2.9.1.tar.gz

I have been using the Debian source package version of this and the
daemon with success.

However, there seems to be a conflict with this driver and the
smapi/thinkpad modules that cause the machine to lock-up during modem
use.

Have you experienced this?

Anyone else using both without problems?

I see there is a newer version 2.9.2 which I will try though I'm not
sure whether I need to use the newer version of the daemon in that
source package as well.

--
Simon Wong <linux@thoughtworx.com>