[ltp] APM suspend with 2.6 kernel [IT WORKS!!!]

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:52:49 +0100

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 06:51:31 +0100 Thomas Hood wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 21:04, Michael Hagemann wrote:
> >
> > What about the plain TP 600?  Please test these patches and report your
> > success stories.
>
> I have tested the outb patch and it alone does not allow a 600X
> to enter APM-suspend.

Does Charles' patch work for you?

> > The write to the port basically turns off the floppy drive.  The only
> > case were this command is meaningful seems to be when the kernel is
> > booted from a floppy disk and doesn't have the floppy driver built in.
>
> So will loading the floppy driver also allow you to suspend
> (without adding the outb)?

I didn't try that yet.  Furthermore I don't actually have the floppy
drive in the UltraBay.  But it's probably only the floppy controller
that matters.

I also did another patch that fits into the DMI blacklist framework. But
I would like to have a few other reports, in order to be able to narrow
down the affected models.

michael