[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:02:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi Fabrice, hi everyone,

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Fabrice Bellet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By the way, in the latest version (20031217) :

I'm currently using 20031220 with 2.4.23 (cpufreq+acpi+swsusp patches)

>    - ad-hoc mode works

Works perfectly for me :-) Just tried to connect to a prism2-board: Works
when the prism2-machine runs Windoze, doesn't work when he runs Linux, so I
guess the problem lies on the other guy's side of the work.

>    - the driver survived after a suspend-to-disk operation, and retained
>      its settings.

I've been suspending and resuming happily until I got about 2 days of
uptime (maybe 100 times...), when I got a kernel BUG in skbuff.c...
something in the networking core, hope it won't happen too often.

>    - and hopefully, the frequent crashes problems experienced under high
>      load should be solved (by the removal of the txreclaim() function).

I didn't experience any crashes with this version of the driver, except for
the one mentioned above, which probably doesn't have anything to do with the
airo_mpi driver.

Just FYI, Heiko

P.S: Hardware is a Thinkpad X30 with the Cisco card. No idea which firmware,
     never flashed anything. If it is of importance to you, I can check it.