[ltp] Thinkpad buttons, /dev/nvram, and return from S3 with ACPI

Chun-Yu Shei linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:46:35 -0500

Ari Pollak wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad T41 and use the tpb utility under kernel 2.6.1-rc1
> which polls /dev/nvram for Thinkpad button events (like volume
> control, brightness, etc.). However, when returning from an S3,
> nothing ever shows up in /dev/nvram, so tpb can't monitor for events
> anymore.
>
> Where should I report this to?
> I'm not quite sure where the bug is, or if it's related to another
> ACPI bug where acpi interrupts no longer get generated after wake from
> an S3.

Wow, you have ACPI suspend working in that?  I don't think it works on
mine...I'm using APM at the moment.  Last time I tried it it froze when
I tried to suspend it so I recompiled with just APM.  How did you set it up?

- Chun-Yu