[ltp] Re: Numlock does not work

Dominik Stein linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:36:00 +0100

> Thank you. That activates the cursor movement when I press shift-Num. Do you
> know another trick how to get the numbers instead?

...be sure that you have turned off AccessX (or whatever they call it), by means
of which you can
move the mouse cursor using the console numbers.

I had to convince SaX2 to deactivate AccessX by explicitly activating it and
re-deactivating it again. Now, NumLock prints numbers...

PS: Tino mentioned another way to activiate the NumLock on a ThinkPad in his
email from 5th May 2001:
--boquote--
I have this line in my .Xmodmap (TP 765L, XFree86 4.0.3):
keycode 77 = Num_Lock
--eoquote--

Best regards,
Dominik.