[ltp] Suggested models?

thedave linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:49:03 -0600

--=-Ev+mXzRGA4eTiKzlx3eF

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 00:44, Syd Hancock wrote:

> On 2004-01-06 Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> >  In regard to hardware support usually the latest distro is the
> > best, with the exception of Mandrake which likes so much living
> > on the edge that many times falls off...
> 9.2 works very well for me on  a T23 - and on a couple of desktop
> machines. Do you actually *use* mandrake on a regular basis or are
> you just reading the recent FUD :-)

I am using Mandrake 9.2, RH 9, Fedora Core 1, and
RH WS (and played with Debian, Suse and Slack but '
pulled them off) currently on my T21p (2647-5AU),
my T40 (2373-A1U), and my desktop.

And, I will happily confirm what the original author
said. Sometimes, Mandrake falls over the bleeding
edge.  And, bloodies me a bit in the process.

I will say that I like Mandrake on my much less
volatile desktop better than RH.

Also, the Mandrake userland tools for networking
stink.

neat while being far from perfect, suits me as a
roaming user (read: laptop user) much better.

D.

--=-Ev+mXzRGA4eTiKzlx3eF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
&gt;  In regard to hardware support usually the latest distro is the
&gt; best, with the exception of Mandrake which likes so much living
&gt; on the edge that many times falls off...
9.2 works very well for me on  a T23 - and on a couple of desktop
machines. Do you actually *use* mandrake on a regular basis or are
you just reading the recent FUD :-)
</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE>I am using Mandrake 9.2, RH 9, Fedora Core 1, and
RH WS (and played with Debian, Suse and Slack but '
pulled them off) currently on my T21p (2647-5AU),
my T40 (2373-A1U), and my desktop.

And, I will happily confirm what the original author
said. Sometimes, Mandrake falls over the bleeding
edge.&nbsp; And, bloodies me a bit in the process.

I will say that I like Mandrake on my much less
volatile desktop better than RH.

Also, the Mandrake userland tools for networking
stink.

neat while being far from perfect, suits me as a
roaming user (read: laptop user) much better.

D.</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-Ev+mXzRGA4eTiKzlx3eF--