[ltp] considering getting a T40p

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:27:24 -0500

The battery life is very good.  I don't get quite as good battery life
in linux due to fewer power management capabilities.   If you aren't
using wireless, turn the display down, spin down the hard drive whenever
possible, and slow down your CPU, you are indeed likely to get about 7
hours with the extended battery.

I have rearranged my IRQ's to get them separated a little more.  I don't
know if it made a difference or not.  I posted it to this list sometime
back.  You may be able to search for it.

Joel