[ltp] considering getting a T40p

Paul E Rybski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:46:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi Vincent,
	I have this model and I absolutely love it.  I'm running a Debian
stable/testing with a stock 2.4.23 kernel.  I typically can get slightly
over 4 hours or so of battery life with the extended battery using the
internal wireless ethernet interface (madwifi Atheros drivers), slowed cpu
clockspeed (booting linux w/o the power adaptor), the screen brightness
turned all of the way down, and moderate disk usage.  I haven't actually
tried an endurance test with everything turned off and the machine
activity at a minimum since that's not how I normally use the machine.

As was pointed out earlier, you can move the irqs around to fit your
needs.

-Paul