[ltp] considering getting a T40p

BITTERLI Roland Andréas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:38:33 +0100

>Is everyone inhere satisfied with the warranty by the way ?

I don't know yet;-). But wat is for shure is that ibm offers you the complete hardware manual on the net and also a list of every spare piece of your machine which is really cool if you want to replace something yourself.

>Anyone got previous experience with other laptops ?
>Dells ?

Nope, I never had a Dell. But I made some expearience with a sony vaio:I had to fix the problem of my laptop (aout of waranty) myself and without any help of their support center (because they wanted to charge me 1000 CHF for replacing a fuse on the mainboard).

Roland