[ltp] considering getting a T40p

Dan Borello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:02:43 -0600

	I have owned Dells all my life (well, it isn't a very long life).  In
the last 5-7 years I haven't been able to buy a dell and not have
problems with it.  I believe there quality has gone down hill.

	The T40 is the first IBM that I have ever owned, and I love it.  It is
the best computer I have ever used/seen.  It is well built.  I live the
college dorms where almost everybody has a dell.  I know numerous people
who have had trouble with them.  They also just don't feel as 'solid'.

	On another note, this is my second within 6 months.  My first one
suffered a terrible drowning.  I left my windows open during a big storm
and came home to my poor thinkpad in a puddle.  It didn't survive.  I
got this new one (and upgraded) through insurance.  Ironically my
roomates cheapo toshiba survived.  Oh well.

dan

ps, if anybody needs spare parts, let me know.