[ltp] Datapoint: IBM ultranav USB external keyboard works "out of the box"

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:53:44 +0000

Dear Paul,

Sorry for the slow reply - I had to actually find where I'd left my hub!
The answer is that when I unplug the keyboard from the usb socket, and
replug it via a hub, everything continues to work just as before
(including both trackpoint and pad).

I can't see any easy way to disable the touchpad in software - the whole
thng appears as a single usbmouse as far as I can tell.

Trying to unplug the touchpad (by opening up the keyboard) *ought* to
work in hardware, but it kills the trackpoint too! I can't see why -
they have totally different connections to the pcb.

Best wishes

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.