[ltp] Setting up DSL to a Thinkpad configured for Dial up

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:58:54 -0500

Hi All

I would appreciate a wee bit of help.

I have Md 9.1 set up on an IBM thinkpad A30P principally using KDE.

The box was originally set up with out a DSL connection internet being by dial
up.

This being a laptop I do move it around.

One client has DSL available and NO phone line so I am attempting to add DSL
capabilities.

I have gone to Mandrake control center and set up DSL. I can connect as per
the control center. I can ping the Earthlink router for my dial up
connection.

I can NOT access any web site or e mail.

Does anybody know what linkage is broken and how to repair?

Thanks
Frank