[ltp] T23 wheel mouse; list archives

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:20:42 +0000

1. I have an external wheel mouse on a T23 running mandrake 9.2
(XFree86 4.3). The mouse works fine (and so does the trackpoint
using 'microsoft' as the driver) all except the wheel. Driver for
the external mouse is PS/2.

If IMPS/2 is used instead then the pointer becomes random and almost
uncontrollable - and that is with the trackpoint as well as the
mouse.

I've tried websearches and tried several changes to XF86Config-4
with no success - does anyone have a working config file for this?

2. Is there a simple way to search the list archives online?

Regards
Syd
Norwich UK