[ltp] T23 wheel mouse; list archives

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:46:33 +0100

Hi,

> If IMPS/2 is used instead then the pointer becomes random and almost
> uncontrollable - and that is with the trackpoint as well as the
> mouse.

I can confirm that the trackpoint sucks with imPS/2.
My planned solution is to built a script which probes if external mouse
is connected or not and launches different Xfree86 configs depending on
that.

Mouse works fine for me with imPS/2.

Is your trackpoint switched off when mouse is plugged in? If not, this
would explain why it doesn't work for your mouse, either, since if the
trackpoint is on, the mouse signals are passed through the trackpoint
controller, which would give the same problem like with using
trackpoint.

Andre.