[ltp] linux tv-spots by ibm

Steve Stavropoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:44:39 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] André Wyrwa wrote:

> http://www-306.ibm.com/e-business/doc/content/ondemand/tvspot.html
>
> If anyone finds a way to make them downloadable or playable with mplayer
> (i don't want to install one of those plugins), please let me know.

 Try to view the windows media version and in the popup that says that you
don't have windows media installed select that text, right click and "View
Selection Source". There you will see a couple of javascript lines, focus
on the document.write line and find the actual url of the asx playlist.
wget this "url" and see in there what is the actual url to the .asf file.
Then wget this url replacing mms:// with http://. If you don't want to
save anything on disk you can run mplayer -playlist
url_to_asx_playlist.asx and mplayer will play it for you.

 Good luck!