[ltp] External drive enclosure (IDE to USB converter)

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:29:23 -0500

Matt Graham wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2004 12:14, after a long battle with technology,
> Smith, Robert A wrote:

A friend of mine recently purchased a CD_RW drive & external box
package.  Though the manufacturer recommends USB 2, they state right on
the box it will work with USB 1 at reduced speed.  With this method, you
know it will work.