[ltp] Req: Share your /etc/modprobe.conf 2.6.1 on t40p

Guy Lunardi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:58:15 -0700

--=__Part74553B77.0__=

To all, honestly, this list has been a great resource already despite
this being my first post.

Currently, I am attempting to upgrade my SuSE 8.2 T40p to linux
2.6.1-mm2. Frankly, I am struggling getting the new kernel to load
properly relative to the modules (still running with 2.4.x). Tried to
run generate-modprobe.conf but still running into issues.

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? would anyone be willing
to share their .config and/or modprobe.conf files?

Thanks a lot in advance
-Guy
Thinkpad T40p (2373-G1U)

--=__Part74553B77.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>To all, honestly, this list has been a great resource already despite this being my first post.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Currently, I am attempting to upgrade my SuSE 8.2 T40p to linux 2.6.1-mm2. Frankly, I am struggling getting the new kernel to load properly relative to the modules (still running with 2.4.x). Tried to run generate-modprobe.conf but still running into issues.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? would anyone be willing to share their .config and/or modprobe.conf files?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks a lot in advance</DIV>
<DIV>-Guy</DIV>
<DIV>Thinkpad T40p (2373-G1U)</DIV>