[ltp] Req: Share your /etc/modprobe.conf 2.6.1 on t40p

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:52:52 +0100

> Currently, I am attempting to upgrade my SuSE 8.2 T40p to linux
> 2.6.1-mm2. Frankly, I am struggling getting the new kernel to load
> properly relative to the modules (still running with 2.4.x). Tried to
> run generate-modprobe.conf but still running into issues.

I'd make a spontaneous guess that you didn't install module-init-tools?
;-)

modutils doesn't work with 2.6 type kernels anymore, so the kernel can't
load your modules. Get module-init-tools, compile them under 2.4, reboot
into 2.6 again. Should be better then.

Pardon me if my guess was wrong.
Andre.