[ltp] no sound on my 600E

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:57:56 -0500

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:32:32 -0500
Bernard Fay <bfay@deepcosmos.ca> wrote:

> I don't have sound on my 600E even though the installation of the
> drivers (cs4232) loads  correctly and doesn't show up any errors. I
> raised the volume to probably the max with Fn+PgUp and with the Volume
> Control from Gnome and yet I don't have sound.

> Does someone have seen this problem or know what to do?

Silly (but occasionally correct) suggestion:  Have you looked at a mixer
application?  Sometimes the system volume is maxxed, but the PCM channel
is muted when the computer starts.

Other suggestion: Make sure "Quick Boot" is turned off under Easy Setup,
though I think if this is the problem the sound driver won't load at all.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/