[ltp] netgear CF wireless card

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:28:39 +0100

Hi,

can i destroy a CompactFlash Wireless card by hot-unplugging it?

I just got a Netgear MA701, inserted in a pcmcia-adaptor and did put it
in my TP. cardmgr didn't have a config for the card, cardctl ident
showed up the correct infos.

Then i hardware-ejected the whole adapter+card without doing a cardctl
eject first. Since then the card doesn't identify itself anymore. Also
not under win. cardctl status, however, shows a present 3.3V card, but
with function 0 [ready]. cardmgr always tries to load the memory_cs
module, due to misidentifying the card as anonymous memory device, i
guess.

So is it possible, that i destroyed the card?

I always thought CF cards are hot-pluggable. And there wasn't even a
driver bound to the card, so it just had power and nothing else.

Any ideas?

Andre.