[ltp] T41p ? :)

Vincent Touquet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:36:45 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:12:44AM -0500, Chun-Yu Shei wrote:
>Heh, I was going to ask why you were thinking about a T40p and not a
>T41p :)  But...there's one thing about the T41s that makes them worse
>than the T40s :o  Yes, worse.  Apparently, the Intel 855PM chipset does
>NOT support PC2700 (333 MHz) memory, so although T41s have PC2700, it
>actually runs at 200 MHz, which is worse than the 266 MHz that PC2100
>runs at.  So if IBM still uses PC2100 in the T40s, the memory will be
>over 1.5x faster on one of those.  IBM is most definitely getting an
>e-mail from me about this - 200 MHz is simply unacceptable, and I've
>confirmed that it also happens on a Centrino Toshiba with PC2700
>memory.  Jeez, my old Dell Latitude D600 actually had 266 MHz :-\
>Fellow T41 owners who don't believe me: go to http://www.cpuid.com/ and
>get CPU-Z and check the memory tab.  It'll say something around 100 MHz.

Oops :s
Are you sure CPU-Z is correct ?

I would think they would put PC2700 RAM in the notebook and not PC2100 ...
Afer all the specs say that the notebook supports 333Mhz Ram:
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/europe/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_TC1GKxx?OpenDocument

Would the R50p suffer from the same problem ?

What is the difference in concept about the R and the T series by the way ?
I really dig the new screen and dvd burner on the R50p, but probably
it is also more expensive than the T series ? Although, previous models
used to be cheaper when they were R and not T series.
How can you have more features and be cheaper ? :)