[ltp] Dual-Head RithtOf/LeftOf

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:11:51 +0100

Hi,

> >Usually you should recognise already at the start of gdm, if it uses two
> >displays or not, since it displays two different pictures on the two
> >screens.
> OK. I see the same picture on Log Screen of the gdm in the both Displays.

Are you having any CloneXXX options in your XF86Config?

> >BTW: did you check your bios options? Maybe dualhead is switched of on
> >bios side?
>   I haven't any option in the bios for dualhead.
> And I think that I have Only one Graphic Card (a Radeon one), so
> is possible the Duah-Head with only one  graphic Card ??

It's definetly possible. I'm not sure if there's a way to set this
setting in the BIOS menu. But you can do that with tpctl or PS2.exe.

> >You might check the output of tpctl --sdx to prove that.
>  I havent installed tpctl. This is the only necesary for the Dual-Head ??

tpctl is always a good thing to have on your system. It's good for
setting and checking bios settings and hardware states.
Concerning the dual-head stuff tpctl --sdx says the following on my T23:

setup of display:                       CMOS          current
   internal display enabled?:           enable        disable
   crt display:                         disable       disable
   tv display:                          disable       disable
   2ual display:                        enable        enable
   TV display selected?:                N             N
   monitor detection ignored?:          N             N

The lines about crt display and 2ual display should both show enabled in
your case.

> I find some thing:
>    (WW) PCI Video Card: More than one matching Device section found: éÃ$
> What do think about ??

This really sounds like you don't have the Screen entries in your device
sections. Strange, if you have them. Could you please post your complete
config again? Maybe something else is interfering.

>  There are another error or warning for the Frame Buffer, but is OK. I
> don't want
> to use it. Also I dident compile the modules for Frame-Buffer. This is
> because a
> frame buffer cause some problems to the Graphical acelerations (DRI ).

Remove the "UseFBDev" option from your Device sections.

Andre.