[ltp] How to setup X display cloneing on a T40

Alexander Gran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:06:22 +0100

--Boundary-02=_xrVBA6rF/952Mg0

Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2004 15:47 schrieb Tod Harter:
> My understanding was that Xinerama and DRI NEVER work together... AFAIK y=
ou

Yes. Thats right. Same with XVideo

> One possibility might be to have neither Xinerama NOR Clone, in which case
> in theory you can have 2 totally independent X servers (Supposedly works
> with Radeon 8500 but I've not actually tested it). I have no idea if in
> that case DRI would work or not, though I would think it would be limited
> to just one display (maybe the one using 'overlay'? beats me...).

No, It works If the graphics hardware supports it.

Alex
=2D-=20
Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
	Linux however is `expert friendly'.
Encrypted Mails welcome.
PGP-Key at http://zodiac.dnsalias.org/misc/pgpkey.asc | Key-ID: 0x6D7DD291