[ltp] T41 and 2.6.1 - FIXED

David Barroso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:25:07 +0100

* Britt Selvitelle (mbs@uky.edu) wrote:
> >> Hi Britt, my ACPI is working more or less properly
> >> with my T41, it even suspends and the green moon is
> >> switched on :)
>
> Strange. ACPI was causing everything to hang once the image is decompressed (after selecting it in LILO). I will go back and investigate this after everything else is working.
>
> >> Now I'm using 2.6.1 with console fb, which problems
> >> are you encountering?
>
> I've just gotten console fb working with the VESA drivers using
>
> append="video=vesafb vga=0x307" (1280x1024)
>
> in lilo.conf. Are you using VESA or the radeonfb drivers?

I'm using radeonfb and it works ok. I'm also using the lat9w-16.psf font
for getting the euro symbol and it works properly.

> The only problem left is PCMCIA not working properly. Right now I don't even get power to a card once it is inserted. I'm guessing I've missed something in compiling the kernel, so will begin running through different configurations tonight.

I had the same problem, and the reason was that I hadn't included ISA
support in my kernel. Anyway, sometimes when inserting a pcmcia card it
does not get power, only rebooting fixes it, but sometimes it works
properly. Strange.