[ltp] Running without a battery?

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:29:55 +0100

On Do, 2004-01-15 at 05:05, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Last time we discussed about batteries aging, it turned out
> Lithium Neon batteries do not suffer from keeping on top charged.

They suffer from aging, regardless, if they are even used or not.
But they suffer more badly, when being full charged and when not stored
cool.

Again the link, I sent to the list a min ago:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

A german computer magazine with a high reputation (the c't) came to the
same results:

- Avoid full discharges (only to recalibrate the internal "fuel meter")
- Store cool
- Do not store fully charged (but also not fully discharged, since the
internal electronic needs some power, too)

(Probably some hints more, I can't remember now. But these were the most
important.)

Greetings, UW(e)