[ltp] Running without a battery?

Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:30:04 -0600

I got the impression from the article that the heat they referred to was the heat generated by the computer (CPU etc.) and not the charger. In other words (as I understood it), use only the battery when needed to avoid it being exposed to heat.

But without the battery you'd loose the "UPS"-ness benefit. I don't want to be without it, especially here in Florida where the power has a tendency to go away for about 0.5 seconds a couple of time per week...

T.