[ltp] T41p ? :)

Vincent Touquet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:55:31 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:31:21PM -0500, Chun-Yu Shei wrote:
>Very weird...every 855PM I've seen (IBM or not) that has PC2700
>installed runs it at 200 MHz.  I suppose CPU-Z could be lying, but I
>doubt it.  Maybe I'll run memtest86 and see if it's faster/slower.

On the other hand, it is quite logical, no :)
Actually the fsb runs natively at 100Mhz, but it is quad pumped to reach 400Mhz.
So it would seem logical to me that its impossible for the chipset to run the
memory at 333Mhz (not a multiple of 100Mhz), but instead it runs at 200Mhz.

I also wonder why nobody goes for dual channel ram in laptops, it seems like
a good idea to me :)

mvg

Vincent