[ltp] R40 - not able to access bios (using "Access IBM" button)

Robert Svoboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:22:11 +0100

* Filippos Papadopoulos <filip@cs.uoi.gr> [2004-01-15 17:40]:

[...]

> > Btw, I tried to convince them to give me CD with WXP
> > installation instead of having 5GB wasted by recovery
> > partition (with system which I use very rarely anyway), and
> > surprisingly for me I succeed.
>
> BTW can you please tell me how did you convinced IBM to give you the
> recovery CDs ? :)
> I am from Greece and recently i have bought an R40. Unfortunately i have
> destroyed the PITA predesktop area. I said to them that the fault is
> theirs because they dont say anywhere in the manual anything about Linux
> and problem with the format of the hdd...
> I called the IBM services and they said that they cant give me the
> recovery CDs....

I didn't use any special tricks, just said them that it would be
wonderful to have those ~5GB available for my data and that I
have no use for it, because I'm running linux.
I haven't that CD yet, but they were talking about it as about
normal thing.
I'm from Czech Republic.

If you have another questions, please contact me directly
on email, because I think this going to be a bit offtopic.