[ltp] Re: T41 and 2.6.1

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:48:23 -0600

Sergio Vergata <vergata@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Hi, Ok so fare so good, but at Pentium - M you set only the upper
> limit of the Frequency the stepping will be regulated by the CPU it
> self.  So if you choose 600 Mhz the CPU modulete it self from 100 -
> 600 in case of the required perfomace.

Just to make sure I understand, are you saying that if you use
speedstep, setting the freq at 600 doesn't actually mean that the CPU
will stay at 600, just that it won't go over 600?  If so, then are
tools like powernowd somewhat redundant when you have a pentium M?

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu