[ltp] T40p madwifi and acpi troubles

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:41:45 -0600

Gilles Magnier <gilles@pulse-powah.net> writes:

> i plan to make a bug repport to madwifi-users ML but archives of this
> ML seems down at the moment and it may be a good idea to known
> if i'm the only one having this problem.
>
> So, Have anyone successfully used madwifi drivers under 2.6 with acpi ?
> if yes with whitch bios/EC version ?

For what it's worth, I can only sucessfully swsuspend (echo 4 >
/proc/acpi/sleep) and resume if I have my suspend script shutdown ath0
and rmmod ath_pci before the suspend.  Otherwise it hangs.  If I
recall correctly, the symptoms were similar to those you described.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu