[ltp] R40: 2.6 ACPI vs APM for suspend, etc

Benjamin Weste Pearre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:43:36 -0700

Hi...  two quickies.  R40 2897gwu, Debian unstable, kernel 2.6:

* Searching the archives leads me to believe that the current state of
  suspend, hibernate, etc works better under APM than under ACPI.  Is
  this still true?  My system behaves much like others' descriptions
  for recent ThingPads: I can suspend but not wake up, etc.  If not,
  can anyone point me to resources?

* Software poweroff, they say, works if I disable "Local APIC support
  on uniprocessors".  Is there a tradeoff?  When would I want Local
  APIC support on uniprocessors?  If I can get suspend working, I
  don't really care about powering down very often...

* How do I change the X resolution for the VGA output?

Aha!  There are three quickies!  Fear, surprise, ... yeah, whatever.

Thanks to you all!!
-Ben

--
Ben Pearre                             http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben