[ltp] R40 - not able to access bios (using "Access IBM" button)

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:25:00 +0000 (UTC)

	BTW can you please tell me how did you convinced
	IBM to give you the recovery CDs ? :)

I called support and said I needed the recovery CD for
backup in case something should happen with the harddisk.
I was asked why, but they sent it without further problems,
and I got it after three days.

I don't know about elsewhere, but in my country (Denmark)
a company is legally obligated to provide recovery copies
in case something happens with the equipment which isn't
all that unusual, especially with PC hardware:  It is
a part of the deal of buying an operating system (law,
not contract) or any other software for that matter.
Unfortunately few people know their rights.

Dennis Decker Jensen