[ltp] Stable Linux OS

Brendon Baumgartner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:20:19 -0800

Linux is Linux, no matter what distro you install. Everyone has their own
opinions about which one is better, why, and what they like. They all have
the same hardware compatibilities because they are all Linux. If a certain
distro doesn't have software to support some hardware, it can be customized
to work.

I suggest you install a distro geared toward novices. RedHat or Mandrake is
a good novice one from what I've heard, though, I bad mouth both of them. :)

Good luck. Pick one, and try it.

-bb