[ltp] T40p madwifi and acpi troubles

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:35:23 +0100

Hi!

Gilles Magnier wrote:
> until now i did not try suspend, just booting and bringing up ath0 give me
> this error and 99% packet loss.
>
> testing a bit more makes me sure it's an acpi problem and not a bios
> selftunig
> cpu speed (hopefully).
>
> I've noticed that when processor is in C2 state madwifi drivers works
> well but
> when in C3 it fails as said before, im currently looking at processor.c
> trying to force
> it not using C3 state.
>
> So removing processor.ko module (ie booting and not "modprobing" it) makes
> everything working fine, including both echo 4 and echo 3 to
> /proc/acpi/sleep
> and restore (dri disabled, usb module unloaded).

That's a known problem and already reported twice to the madwifi ml
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3689627&forum_id=33958).

My temporary workaround is not to load the processor and thermal module ;)
You really don't need them anyway.
At least not if you can life without to know your current cpu-temperature.

Greetings,
	Daniel