[ltp] R40 - APM - sleep Modus

christopher wieser linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:21:54 +0100

Hello
I have a Thinkpad R40 2722 and have installed Debian/Sarge, with Kernel 2.4.23 und Xfree 4.2.
My Problem is that the Powermanagement dosen't work realy good.
ACPI dosen't work with 2.4.23 2.4.22 and 2.6.test11, also try to use APM but suspend Mode
and power off after shutdown dosen`t work. With die thinkpad-source packet and BIOS configuration it was possible to change the settings, that the Thinkpad goes only in the Sleep Modus and not in the suspend Modus.The slepp Modus works very fine.
My Problem is that the Thinkpad after 10 Minutes goes in the Sleep Modus, if there is no input from the keybord/mouse. But I want use my Laptop to watch Videos or listen to Musik, at
the moment is that impossible while the laptop goes during watiching video (Xine, mplayer) after 10 Minutes goes in the sleep modus. What can i do that the laptop dosent go in the sleep modus when I listen musik or watch Videos.
Chris

p.S sorry for my bas english