[ltp] Serial port on T30 works only halfway after switch to SuSE 9.0

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:29:24 +0100

Hi,

because of a defective harddisk I had to reinstall my T30.
I jumped from SuSE 8.1 to 9.0 in that process.

Now my serial port acts funny. Xgnoki can read the phone book from
my mobile via the serial port, so I know it works.
But wvdial can no longer dial with the mobile and syncing my
palm with jpilot is also broken.

As Xgnokii can read the phonebook, I am a bit lost at what might be
wrong, oterwise I would hav though that the serial activation in the
BIOS got lost.

Any ideas?

thx
afx

--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831