[ltp] Q: Sound recording, A21m and Caldera 2.4

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:13:37 -0800 (PST)

Bob,

I also have an IBM ThinkPad A21m.  Although I use RedHat Linux, I believe
that I might have some advice.

Although I use Alsa for my sound driver, I believe that this applies to
OSS as well.  In addition to making sure that the microphone recording
volume is up, make sure that the microphone is selected as the sound input
device.  You can select between line in (this might only exist on the
docking station), microphone, and CD.  If CD or line in are selected, you
won't get any sound recording from the microphone.

In Alsa, you can use the Alsa Mixer to set the input device.  With OSS,
there are a number of mixer programs out there that should let you select
the input device.

Hope this helps,

Erik.