[ltp] Thinkpad & TV out -- any success?

Tilmann Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:21:09 +0100

* erikvcl@silcom.com <erikvcl@silcom.com> [20040119 23:33]:
> I have an IBM Thinkpad A21m.  Has anyone been able to get the TV out
> working in Linux?  It works great in Windows with the ATI driver.
>
> I have tried the atitvout utility by Lennart Poettering since my graphics
> card is similar to the ATI Rage Mobility card that he uses, but with no
> success.  Is there a recipe for success?  Is there a way to obtain the
> necessary specifications from ATI?

It's been a year or so last time I tried, so I only remember
vaguely. It worked with the gatos drivers, but the caveat was that the
video out needed to be plugged in and (I think) the receiving TV box
needed to be switched on while booting the thinkpad.

That was on an A20p with ATI Rage Mobility 128.