[ltp] Q further: sound recording, A21m, Caldera 2.4

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:39:16 +0000

An idea - have you got the "Mic Boost" turned on?
This is an option that appears in alsamixer/alsamixergui, but not in
things such as aumix. You need to be running alsa. it gives a 20dB
increase in mic sensitivity.

Also, are you using the internal mic or an external one?
[My A22's internal mic never worked - I think a hardware fault]
Have you tried recording from "line in" ?

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.