[ltp] Thinkpad student offers for those in the US...

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:26:23 -0800

Well, it seems like there are no official offers like this in the US.
However, I have had good luck going through Computer Geeks in San
Diego:

http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=NBB

There are currently some very good candidates for
Linux-ization...600s, 600Es, A20s, A22s, even a couple of 760s and
765Ls for those who want to try an old-school Linux experience with a
minimalist load. There are also some Dell Latitude notebooks, but
discussing them further would be kind of off-topic.

This is where I scored my bitchen 600E 400MHz. Unfortunately none of
their current stuff is "A" grade and showroom perfect, but the prices
are right. The most expensive ThinkPad is an IBM A20M with a phat
700MHz PIII.

They get their IBM stock straight from IBM Credit, and they get the
full checkup and BIOS flash to the most current BIOS. They also have
some cool deals on very burly wheeled laptop bags and external USB
CD-RWs.

No, I'm not spamming the list, and I'm not being paid. I just thought
the information might be useful for someone in the hunt for a
ThinkPad.